Training & Capacity Building
The power sector is constantly changing and evolving and organisations must have the skills and understanding of complex regulatory and contractual regimes. Capacity building and training are essential in preparing staff to effectively support current and future challenges in the industry.
Companies need to operate in a complex legal, regulatory and market environment where the key to future profits will be a deep understanding of how the power market will operate and how power tariffs are negotiated and agreed, how power is bought and sold and how different technologies and fuel options will be competitive over time. MRC has an unrivalled knowledge of the detailed operation of the power market and contracts within the sector and are skilled in offering training and capacity building services to our clients.
Key services in this area:
- - Bespoke training solution to meet individual client needs on a range of topics such as:
- - Regulation and Regulatory Affairs
- - Power Project Development
- - Power Procurement and Power Trading
- - PPA and Vesting Contract Administration and Operation
- - A sanity check on company strategy and business plans
- - Alerts on the impact of changes in the market rules and regulatory framework
- - Board training to develop understanding of the power sector and the commercial opportunities that exist
- - Board counselling and support to Board meetings on strategy, financial, commercial and regulatory aspects of the power sector